A vibrant global health community contributing to a healthier world.
To improve health and health equity in Canada and worldwide by strengthening and mobilizing the global health community.
OUR PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
The following values guide CSIH’s work and collaborations. CSIH is committed to:
- Respect: CSIH affirms the dignity, potential and contributions of all current and potential partners and collaborators.
- Integrity: CSIH acts consistently with the mission, being honest and transparent in what we do and say and we accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Proudly diverse and intentionally inclusive, CSIH values the fair and just treatment of all members of society.
- Excellence: CSIH strives for continuous learning and improvement. CSIH listens to new ideas and encourages innovation, creativity and welcomes change.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS
The core functions of CSIH are:
- Convening stakeholders and exchanging knowledge on global health;
- Advancing equity-based approaches to health systems strengthening and capacity building for priority health themes;
- Developing global health leaders.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Advancing health equity and reaching SDGs (in Canada and worldwide);
- Empowering the global health community;
- Clear and effective engagement with Students and Young Professionals;
- Engagement of CSIH members;
- Sustaining a resilient and responsive organization.
CSIH is registered as a charity with the Canadian Revenue Agency and is therefore eligible to provide donation receipts for income tax purposes. Registration no.: 118836238RR0001.