November 14-18, 2016
Vancouver Convention Centre
“In Vancouver we will evaluate how far the world has progressed towards adopting a people-centred approach to creating sustainable, equitable, responsive health systems for the benefit of all. In the words of one presenter at the 2014 symposium, we are one world, united in a quest for health for all, beyond the borders of politics and economics. We encourage researchers and funders to contribute towards this global vision.”
Cape Town Statement from the Third Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
The Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH) will be organizing the Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research in Vancouver at the Vancouver Convention Centre on behalf of Health Systems Global (HSG).
- The theme for 2016 is “Resilient and responsive health systems for a changing world”
The Global Symposium on Health Systems Research is hosted every two years by HSG to bring together its members with the full range of players involved in health systems and policy research. There is currently no other international gathering that serves the needs of this community. Previous events have been held in Cape Town (2014), Beijing (2012) and Montreux (2010).
The Symposium aims to:
- Share new state-of-the-art evidence;
- Review the progress and challenges towards implementation of the global agenda of priority research;
- Identify and discuss the approaches to strengthen the scientific rigour of health systems research including concepts, frameworks, measures and methods; and
- Facilitate greater research collaboration and learning communities across disciplines, sectors, initiatives and countries.
Participants will include researchers, policy-makers, funders, implementers, civil society and other stakeholders from relevant national and regional associations and professional organizations.
The program will include plenary addresses from world experts, as many as 12-15 concurrent sessions made up from abstracts and other proposals, an estimated 600 poster presentations, a vibrant marketplace and many other networking opportunities.
It is expected that approximately 2,000-2,200 people will participate in the Vancouver Symposium in 2016.
Canadian Society for International Health
613 241 5785 x 326
For more information on past symposiums: http://healthsystemsglobal.org/globalsysposia/