Yv Bonnier Viger, MD, MSc, MM, FRCPC
Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University
Regional Public Health Director, Gaspésie-les-Îles, Quebec
Yv has an academic training in Millwrighting, in Health Sciences, in Computing Mathematics, in Epidemiology, in Medicine, in Public Health and in Management.
He has a long and diversified working experience in industries, in academic institutions, in Health Networks, with aboriginal and non-aboriginal people in rural and remote areas in Quebec and in many countries (long term implications in Peru, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Burundi and Rwanda; short term implications in USA, Mexico, Brazil, Senegal, Tanzania, Benin, Mali, Niger, India, Laos).
He is currently Associate Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of Laval University and Regional Public Health Director for Gaspésie-les-Îles, in Quebec, Canada.
He is currently focusing on universal basic allocation as a public health measure to effectively address poverty and social exclusion and the use of complexity theory in the organization of health and social services.
Dr. Erica Di Ruggiero
Director, Office of Global Public Health Education & Training
Director, Collaborative Specialization in Global Health, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
Erica Di Ruggiero is Director for the Office of Global Public Health Education & Training, Director of the Collaborative Specialization in Global Health, and Assistant Professor, Social and Behavioural Health Sciences Division at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health (University of Toronto). Prior to joining the university, she was the inaugural Deputy Scientific Director with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research-Institute of Population and Public Health. She led the design, implementation and evaluation of research, partnership and knowledge translation initiatives to address priorities including health equity, environments and health, global health and population health intervention research. She served on the Management Committee for the Innovating for Maternal and Child Health Program in Africa, as Honorary Vice President, American Public Health Association and chair, Canadian Public Health Association. She has also held adjunct and status faculty appointments at the University of Toronto. Erica obtained her BSc in Nutritional Sciences, a Masters of Health Science (community nutrition) and a PhD in public health sciences from the University of Toronto. She is a registered dietitian. Her research interests include the study of population health interventions (policies, programs), their health and health equity impacts, global labour policy and policy agenda setting processes that affect health and health equity, the evaluation of global health research capacity building, and of knowledge utilization and exchange strategies to influence public health decision-making at national and global levels.
- Kate Dickson – Consultant ; CSIH past Co-chair
- Genevieve Dubois-Flynn - CIHR; CSIH Board
- Janet Hatcher Roberts – Ottawa U ; CSIH past Executive Director
- Slim Haddad - Université Laval; past Co-chair of CCGH 2015
- Shelley-Rose Hyppolite – Santé et services sociaux Quebec
- Charles Larson - CCGH
- Keith Martin - CUGH
- Shawna O’Hearn - Dalhousie University ; CSIH Board Co-chair ; past Co-chair of CCGH 2014 &2015
- Rohit Ramchandani - Antara Global Health Advisors, Colalife
- Duncan Saunders – University of Alberta, past Co-chair of CSIH and CCGH 2013 & 2014
- Helen Scott, Allison Bunting Can WACH
- Eva Slawecki – CSIH Executive Director
- Salim Sohani – Red Cross Canada
- Don Sutherland - Consultanat
- Nana Yaa Boadu - PHAC; Emerging Voices
- Christina Zarowsky - University of Montreal, past Co-chair of HSR 2016
- Sarah Brown - CSIH